Here are some interesting dicussing Points:
- startups can start to sell shares over the internet up to 1 million dollar
- would allow small companies to solicit investments over the Internet and sell shares to the general public.
- Any company is looking to raise money
- But the new rules would allow companies to raise as much as $1 million a year from lower net-worth people by selling shares.
- It’s a really interesting opportunity, I think, not only for companies that are getting bigger, like Health Warrior, but for companies that are smaller and aren’t fortunate enough to have ready access to capital from high net-worth individuals,” Emmett says.
- He says it’s the smallest companies, like his, that take big risks and potentially return big rewards. But most startups fail. Emmett says he considers his business high risk. And there’s the rub: How do you disclose that risk to the general public?
- the new market that will be created will match more investors with small companies