Creating an Innovation Culture
Innovation is the lifeblood of entrepreneurship. Research by McKinsey revealed that 94% of surveyed executives were dissatisfied with their companys innovative performance. A latest landmark study from Cambridge University discovered that innovation success is mainly dependent on corporate culture.
Process, star hires, IT, collaboration tools, R&D spending, budget, and team education levels, were much less important. Nevertheless, developing a culture of innovation, especially radical innovation is among the most demanding tasks facing companies in the current environment.
Please join us for a stimulating discussion on building a culture of innovation including the following:
- what’re a number of the key characteristics of businesses that innovate well?
- How does one get going in building an innovation culture?
- what’re the key steps?
- How does one creates the conditions that lead to sustained innovation?
- Who in a company should be involved with innovation?
- what’re the tools that may foster innovation?
- what’re the practices that foster innovation?
- Can company policies make a difference?
- How are these made part of the culture?
- what’re the obstacles to innovation in an organization?
- What regions of change may have the biggest impact?
- How can one harness the distributed creativity outside and inside of an organization?
- Should a company create a set of guiding principles that become the way things are done here or does that stifle creativity?
- Certain experts recommend a company redesign how meetings are conducted, projects reviewed and signed off, people appraised, do these steps work?
- How does one turn great ideas into innovative products?
- How does innovation conflicts with a managers obligation to guarantee optimal performance in the companys core activities?
- Should R&D be centralized or de centralized?
- How should mavericks be treated?
- How are natural innovators identified?
- Should they be given permission, spending budget, time and space to do their thing?
- How should the companys innovators be incentivized?
- How can a company utilize external sources of innovation such as R&D companies, start ups, joint ventures, etc.?
- Do acquisitions inject creativity into an organization?
- what’s the company the leadership in creating an innovation culture?
Founder & CEO – ACAR Switzerland- Münür Acar is the Founder and CEO of ACAR Ltd in Switzerland, a leading Microsoft SharePoint company and Partner focused on Startup Acceleration, Corporate Innovation and Coworking spaces. He’s an advocate for the entrepreneurial and Innovative spirit and believes entrepreneurship is the only solution to unify the world by transcending the Race, Religion and Country. ACAR has developed solutions for Idea and Innovation Management running on SharePoint and Office 365.